There are a variety of family-friendly shows and performances available in Washington D.C. Some popular options include:
- National Theatre: This historic theater hosts a variety of productions, including Broadway shows, family-friendly plays, and musicals.
- Kennedy Center: This performing arts center offers a wide range of shows, including ballet, theater, and concerts. They also have a Family Theater which offers interactive performances for kids
- Smithsonian National Museum of American History: This museum offers interactive exhibits and live demonstrations that are perfect for families.
- Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum: This museum has interactive exhibits, flight simulators, and planetarium shows that kids love.
- The Puppet Co. Playhouse: This theater offers a variety of puppet shows that are perfect for kids of all ages.
- Washington Ballet: This company performs at the Harman Center for the Arts, and they offer a variety of productions that are perfect for families.
- Washington Wizards: The Wizards play at the Capital One Arena and offer a fun night out for the whole family.
- Smithsonian’s National Zoo and Conservation Biology Institute: You’d be hard-pressed to find a more popular zoo than the famed Washington DC attraction. The Smithsonian’s National Zoo is a must-visit whether you’re vacationing in DC for the first time, or making a seasonal pitstop.
- Rock Creek Park Nature Center and Planetarium: Rock Creek Park offers miles of scenic nature trails to explore, though, for kids, the highlights are certainly the critter-packed Nature Center and captivating planetarium. There, you’ll find fun educational exhibits for kids as well as tanks with turtles and fish. The planetarium generally has programming for young children (ages 4–10) on Wednesdays.
These are just a few examples, and there are many other family-friendly shows and performances happening in the area. I recommend checking local listings and the websites of theaters and performing arts venues for more information and show schedules.